This sun protection policy will apply during Terms 1 and 4 however, due to weather patterns and temperatures being so changeable, The Forest School will enforce the policy in Terms 2 and 3 at their discretion. During the winter months sun protection is not always necessary however, children must always come to The Forest School prepared to be protected.
Children and adults participating in The Forest School sessions:
- Will wear a sunhat at all times during Terms 1 and 4
- Are encouraged to eat in a shady place in the woodland or under trees if possible
- Will be provided with a spare sunhat if they do not have one
- Will be encouraged to wear suitable clothing that protects the skin from the sun (e.g. t-shirt covering shoulders, not singlets or shoe-string straps).
- Inform parents of the Sun Safety Policy and expectations at enrolment
- Request that parents apply sun cream before arrival at The Forest School
- Encourage the re-application of SPF30+ sun cream every 2-3 hours.
- Provide sun cream to all participants and visitors to The Forest School
- Ensure all children have had sun cream reapplied before going to the beach
- During beach activities, a wetsuit or rash shirt is compulsory for ALL participants
- If a child is not prepared with a wetsuit or rash shirt, beach activities will be unavailable to them and they will need to move into a shaded area